The pudding or bread pudding is a dessert of English origin. It is composed of milk, eggs, sugar and some kind of dough. It can be prepared from bread, sponge cake, muffins and all those masses, which after a few days are hard, but still maintain the rich flavor of its ingredients. They are also prepared with fruits and with these two data; we can invent all the types of pudding that we come up with. It is related to the flan, but, unlike the latter, which use only the egg for consistency, pudding uses already cooked doughs. The result will be as thick as we want, as each one has his own criteria when it comes to making it. This one I have prepared has a fairly smooth consistency,
Although the puddings are made with eggs, I have used a pudding preparation that saves cooking to the water bath and this makes it much easier to prepare. Sure it is richer with eggs and using the traditional cooking method of the water bath, but I assure you that the result with this type of elaboration is spectacular and prepare it in a little bit of nothing.
- 700 ml milk
- 12 cookies
- 200 ml cream to cook or half cream
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 of about prepared for flan (Mandarin Chinese flan)
- For the caramel:
- 3 spoonfuls of sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- Photograph of ingredients needed for this recipe
- Ingredients for preparing Pudin fast cookie. Easier impossible
You can see this video on YouTube to comment, bookmark I like or subscribe to my channel video recipes.
Quick cookie pudding. Easier impossible: recipe preparation
- Put three tablespoons of sugar and three tablespoons of water in a saucepan to prepare the caramel. Lead to the fire and wait for it to begin to change color. When it takes a golden color, pour the caramel in the mold where you will prepare the pudding. Move the mold to spread the caramel throughout the base and reserve. You can help from a spatula or spoon to reach all corners.
- Remove a glass of milk and dilute the flan preparation in this glass. Add three tablespoons of sugar or a little more, if you like sweet, and mix until there is no lump.
- In a saucepan, pour the rest of the milk and the cream or cream of milk. Heat it to the heat. Add the chopped biscuits and, when it starts to boil, incorporate the milk mixture with the flan preparation. Beat the rods over low heat for three minutes.
- Remove from the heat and beat with the puree accessory of the mixer. When there are no whole cookie chips left, you can pour the pudding into the caramelized pan. Allow to cool to room temperature. When it has cooled, store the cookie pudding in the refrigerator. I left it 5 hours. After this time, you can unmold it.
- To demold, peel the edge of the pudding with a knife, if it is glued, and place the tray where you will serve it face down. Turn quickly and, if desired, decorate with a few mint leaves, cream or cherries.
Tricks and tips:
When preparing the caramel, be very careful that the color is not brown, because it burns very easily and instead of giving a sweet touch to the dessert, it would give a rather unpleasant bitter taste.
It is best to prepare it from one day to the next and unmold it just at the moment of bringing it to the table. It will take up less space in the fridge and will keep your shape better.
You can decorate it with something that gives it color as a fruit or cream. The mint leaf is very helpful, but only when you have a small plant at home do you always have it fresh. So improvise with what you have to give him that little touch of color, how good it is.
You may also like this blog.